By: Joe Schatz

TUSCALOOSA, Ala.-Eight of the nine starts collected a hit for the Crimson Tide as they
defeated the Murray State Racers 6-1 on Saturday.

“I thought we took a step forward today, really pleased with the effort…I thought we did some
more things today besides just get hits, we had two stolen bases and some nice bunts…we took a
step forward today,” said Head Coach Brad Bohannon.

The Crimson Tide got a strong performance from starter Antoine Jean, who went four and one-
third innings, giving up one run off three hits, striking out five and walking two.

“Recently I’ve been thinking about getting ready every day. Its hard as a starter because you only
pitch once a week, so if it doesn’t go the way you want it’s a long week…I just want to go to
field every day and get ready and get better,” said Jean.

Alabama then turned it over to the bullpen, where Hunter Furtado (2-1) got out of a bases loaded
jam in the 5 th to preserve the one-run lead. Furtado pitched three and two-third innings, not
giving up any runs or hits, while striking out three.

“I just had trust in my fielders behind me…I trust my fielders, so I know when I get in I just have
to do my job and get the ball across the plate,” said Furtado.

The Crimson Tide offense was led by shortstop Jim Jarvis, who went three-for-three with a walk
from the leadoff position. Freshman Camden Hayslip also got two hits in his first career start,
going two-for-four.

“Camden did a great job, I’m really happy for him. He was a high level recruit, and we have
strong intangibles as a team…I couldn’t be more proud of the team culture and Camden and all
the others that haven’t gotten an opportunity yet have been great teammates,” said Bohannon.

With the win, Alabama improves to 8-4 on the year, as Murray State falls to 8-2 after the loss.

The next game is tomorrow at 1 p.m. in Tuscaloosa.

-30-