TUSCALOOSA, Alabama – November 14th is a day many fans of the Crimson Tide have had circled on their calendars for nearly a year. The Tide was preparing to get after the LSU Tigers in Baton Rouge when the rug was pulled out from under them, and the game was postponed.

Due to positive tests out of LSU, and a myriad of trace testing and quarantining, the game was cancelled altogether on November 10th. This unfortunately means that Alabama will have to wait until next season to remind the Tigers what a prolific offense looks like… or will they?

In a report by Matt Zenitz for the Alabama Media Group, Ed Oregon affirms his belief that Alabama at LSU will be played this season. “I’m hearing some rescheduling may be made, but nobody has told us for sure. This is very fluid, but I do believe that Alabama and LSU ought to play this year and I do believe that we’re going to play somehow, someway.”

LSU sports a 2-3 record on the season and will face Arkansas (3-4) on November 21st. The Tigers have a hard road ahead of them, facing No. 5 Texas A&M, Mississippi, and No. 6 Florida, and hopefully Alabama, to finish the year.

While it’s unlikely that the Tide will be given the privilege of putting the final dagger in LSU’s 2020 season, Coach O is hopeful his ‘Tigahs’ will face the Crimson Tide at some point this season. “I want to play Alabama. I want to play Florida. I want to play Ole Miss. I want to play Texas A&M. I want to play Arkansas. We’ve got a team that needs to get better. Everyone’s going to present us a challenge, but we’re going to be ready for it,” Oregon said.

As much as Ed Oregon may want to play Alabama, the SEC will have the final say on if and when the highly anticipated matchup will take place. The Crimson Tide, however, have their sights set on Kentucky after their extended bye week. Alabama’s undefeated Tide will look to continue their winning-streak and move to 7-0 on the year against the Wildcats (3-4) this Sunday at Bryant-Denny. Roll Tide!