TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – After a slow start offensively, Alabama dominated Alabama State 12-0 after another big game by TJ McCants with six RBIs.

Zane Adams got the start for Alabama and got out of some early base traffic – stranding the bases loaded in the first – and was smooth thru the rest of the outing getting a ton of soft contact outs going 4 innings on one-H, two-BB and two-K and tallying his first win of the season.

“I was a little bit nervous, but I tend to thrive when I get nervous and I started to get a feel for the game in the third inning,” said Adams.

As they did during yesterday’s game, Alabama’s bats were quiet until the bottom of the fourth when all seemed to click batting thru the order, with RBIs from Kameron Guangorena by a walk, Bryce Eblin and Gage Miller with singles and McCants with a grand slam.

McCants’ day was not done in the next inning with a two-RBI single and another two-RBI single by Eblin.

Alabama was able to use a barrage of pitchers with most guys getting their first appearances of the season with Matthew Heiberger, 100 mph from  Pierce George, and Jansen Kenty combining for four-K thru three innings.

McCants – who went two-for-three today – is up to three-home runs on the season and 13 RBI thru five games.

“I’m just trying to stay within the zone and just get a barrel to the ball and taking it game by game,” said McCants on his hot start to the season.

Up next for Alabama is a three game series versus Valparaiso this weekend with first pitch set for 4 p.m. central on the SEC Network +.