The No. 1 offensive tackle in the class of 2011 has decided to take back his verbal commit that he gave to Auburn and instead sign with the Tide.

Kouandjio gave his verbal to Auburn live on national television on National Signing Day and was then asked by the interviewer, “What’s it going to be like that first time, you’re on the offensive line, you’re out there in the Iron Bowl and you’re going to see your brother on the other sideline with Alabama?”

Cyrus just sat there for a few seconds in silence while looking down before he gave a short answer. It was obvious that he had not thought everything through and did not feel confident in his decision to commit with the Tigers.

Half an hour later, Twitter was flooded with rumors that he never signed his letter of intent to Auburn and hadn’t received the faxed paper work. Later in the day, Kouandjio posted on his Facebook, “not completely sure. . i just wanna b around the fam for a while and just . . . wait.”

While still undecided, Kouandjio told the Washington Post, “My whole family, including my brother, wants me to go to Alabama.  My brother called me like, ‘Brah, what are you doing? That’s one that thing that’s tough about it because he wants me to go down to Alabama a lot.”

Kouandjio received more than 3,500 wall posts from fans on his Facebook during the last four days and has been rated the No. 1 topic on Twitter. On Saturday afternoon, he finally decided to join his brother, Arie, and become a member of Nick Saban’s Crimson Tide.

After signing with Alabama, Kouandjio posted on his Facebook, “Thanks for all the love and support from the state of Alabama.. love all the new relationships i have made throughout this process.. but at the end of the day.. ima keep the fam together and i must say….ROOLLLLL TTIIIDDDEEE!!!”