By outreach@cw.ua.edu (Elliott Propes)

No. 1 Alabama is looking to go 4-0 this weekend as it hosts Kent State on Saturday.

Coach Nick Saban held his final press conference of the week Wednesday night before the game and talked about the team he formally played for a long time ago.

“We certainly respect the opponent that we are playing and the Mid-American Conference is known for sneaking up on people,” Saban said. “We want to focus starting fast and finishing strong in this game as a team. The big test is whether we can correct and execute better, which I think we’ve done a little bit better job in practice this week.”

Saban was a part of a Mid-American Conference championship team at Kent State when he played for the program in 1972. Saban was a defensive back and played alongside tight end Gary Pinkel, who went on to be a longtime coach at Missouri.

“I know when I watch film and I see that little banner they have in the end zone that says ‘1972 Tangerine Bowl,’” Saban said. “It reminds me of something… the players that did the work to do it, and the coaches, and Coach (Don) James and the great leadership he had as coach.”

Other important notes:

Saban on injuries:

“From an injury standpoint, I told you that ArDarius Stewart is questionable for the game. Robert Foster tweaked his knee yesterday in practice and he is also questionable for the game.”

Saban on Tony Brown and Johnny Dwight:

“We do know. I’m not sure that we’re allowed to announce it. I’m being honest with you. I’m not trying to keep anything from you. I was told not to announce it,” Saban said.

“Let me just put it this way: Everything has been done that needs to be done for him and Johnny Dwight both. So that’s all I can say about it,” Saban said.