By outreach@cw.ua.edu (CW Staff)

On Monday night, wide receiver Chris Black announced intentions to transfer on Twitter. 

Have officially been granted my Full release from the UofA. Want to thank all the coaches, fellow teammates, and fans who believed in me.

— Chris Black (@CB1_BAMA) December 8, 2015

God is closing one door and opening another for me in 2016 and I've decided to transfer!

In his first two years as an active player (he redshirted his first year on campus) Black caught 23 passes for 267 yards and two touchdowns.

Black was expected to have a much bigger role on both offense and special teams this year, but Black recorded only two catches this season for 23 yards. Coach Nick Saban revealed on Nov. 11 that Black decided to get season-ending surgery.

“Chris Black, who actually injured his ankle way back in camp and he has tried and tried and tried to compete for us all year long, and hasn’t got to play a whole lot,” Saban said. “I know it was disappointing for him not to get to play more but it was a lot to do with not being at full speed all year long.”

Source:: The Crimson White Sports