Alabama alum Justin Thomas grabbed his second win of the 2017-2018 season in Palm Beach Gardens, FL at the Honda Classic this Sunday in a playoff over Vanderbilt alum Luke List.

Thomas forced the playoff with List on the 72nd hole when he was forced to layup on the 556 yard par 5 after an errant drive in the right rough. With Thomas in the rough, List was in good position in the middle of the fairway and dropped his approach shot on the green for an eagle opportunity to win it. After laying up on his second shot, Thomas with a wedge in his hand from about 130 yards threw a dart right next to the hole that nearly almost went in for an eagle. With the pressure on List to win the tournament with his putt for eagle, List missed right and the two former SEC players would tap in for birdies and force a playoff at -8.

After signing their scorecards, the duo were back on their way to replay the 18th hole. This time Thomas would hit first and with a 300+ yard drive in the light rough, he gave himself a great look at the green. Thomas would later miss the green but would be in a great position for a birdie. Unfortunately for List, he would not be privy to good bounces. List hit his drive way too the right over the palm trees forcing him to layup, where he hit his next shot off of the hospitality tent. List knew that if Thomas could birdie the hole, that he would be defeated and that is exactly what happened. Thomas had an easy up and down from the rough, where he sinked his 5 footer to win.

When Thomas was asked about the treacherous conditions of the course he said in an interview to CBS’s Peter Kostis, “It was another level of difficulty. Not only the amount of people I was trying but this golf course itself. Luke was playing unbelievable on that back nine. It was a hell of a battle out there. I thought I stayed very calm all day. I know what this back nine holds. I know how tough it can be. It feels awesome to come out on top. I’m so proud of myself for how well I played.”

Thomas finished the day with 3 birdies and 1 bogey for a 2-under for his 8th career win.

Justin will look to go back to back, where he will travel to Mexico City for the WGC-Mexico Championship March 1-4th at the Club de Golf Chapultepec.