By outreach@cw.ua.edu

Alabama dominated Ole Miss 66-3 on Saturday. Here are the keys and the best performances of Alabama’s victory.

Player of the game: Jalen Hurts

Jalen Hurts continued his dominance over SEC opponents. This week he compiled 298 total yards and three touchdowns. Hurts led all Alabama players with 101 rushing yards and passed for another 197 yards.

“They (Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa) did a good job, and I’m pleased with the opportunity they got because they were playing in the game, and I thought they executed fairly well,” coach Nick Saban said.

Plays of the game:

Bo Scarbrough started the scoring for Alabama early in the first quarter. He punched in his touchdown from 6 yards out to give Alabama a 7-0 lead.

Levi Wallace intercepted Shea Patterson’s pass just under a minute later, and returned 35 yards to the house for Alabama’s first non-offensive touchdown this season.

“It was a great feeling,” Wallace said. “We’ve been wanting to do that all week. All the DBs talk about it, saying how no one on the team has gotten a pick-six yet. I’m just glad that I was in the position to get the interception, and then I had great blockers in front of me. It’s the whole team effort that helped me get into the end zone.”

Ronnie Clark’s 9-yard touchdown run gave Alabama 66 points for the first time since 1979. Sixty-six points also marks the second most points Alabama has ever scored in an SEC game.

Key to the game: Third downs

Third downs played a big role in Alabama’s 66-3 win over Ole Miss. The Crimson Tide converted 46.67 percent of its third downs, going 7 of 15. The Rebels failed to convert a single third down, going 0 for 13.

“We just pride ourselves in making it hard for other teams,” Levi Wallace said. We just stick to the game plan that Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt has for us every week, and it has been working out well.”

Statistical leaders

Ole Miss:

(Passing) Shea Patterson- 14-29-2 165 yards

(Rushing) Jordan Wilkins- 12 carries 101 yards

(Receiving) DaMarkus Lodge- two catches 72 yards.

Alabama

(Passing) Jalen Hurts- 12-19 197 yards two touchdowns

(Rushing) Jalen Hurts- 10 carries 101 yards one touchdown

(Receiving) Calvin Ridley- four catches 60 yards.

Source:: The Crimson White Sports