By outreach@cw.ua.edu (Michael Schwartz)

After a successful run at the NCAA South Regional at Apalachee Regional Park in Tallahassee, Florida, on Friday, Alabama leaders Antibahs Kosgei and Robbie Farnham-Rose qualified for the NCAA Men’s Cross Country Championships. Following the top six finishes, coach Dan Waters had nothing but praise for the seniors.

“All seven guys ran great [Saturday], I’m very proud of them finishing fourth in the region,” Waters said. “That’s one spot better than we were ranked. I’m happy for Robbie and Antibahs. They both worked hard to earn that trip to nationals.”

For the first time under Waters, there will be multiple athletes from the Alabama at nationals. In the men’s 10,000-meter race, Kosgei finished in sixth place while Farnham-Rose finished in third place, his highest finish at the event.

“I worked so hard for that all season,” Farnham-Rose said. “This has been my goal since the last time we ran here when I was a sophomore and I’ve done it.”

Kosgei was happy for not just himself but also Farnham-Rose.

“I am so happy about this because I worked really hard to get here,” Kosgei said. “When I saw Robbie pass me, it was great because I knew we were both going to make it to nationals and that’s good for the team.”

In the women’s 6,000-meter race, Hannah Waggoner was the highest finish for the Crimson Tide as she finished in 26th place and earned her spot on the All-South Region team. The women’s team as a whole finished in fourth place, the fourth consecutive time it placed in the top four in the standings at the event.

Waters was quick to praise the women’s team as well.

“The women finished fourth and ran with a lot of heart,” Waters said.

Farnham-Rose and Kosgei will venture to Indiana State University for the NCAA Cross Country Championships on Nov. 19.

Source:: The Crimson White Sports