By outreach@cw.ua.edu (Tyler Waldrep)

Coach Avery Johnson’s hire has drummed up plenty of excitement for the upcoming basketball season.

Senior Retin Obasohan said plenty of fans have come up and tell him how excited they are to watch the team play this year.

“I even heard one of my teachers saying they haven’t been excited to come to a game in a while,” Obasohan said. “Just hearing that, it’s a lot of fun, especially as a player.”

When Alabama basketball competes against the Trevecca Trojans Friday night at 7 p.m. in Coleman Coliseum the fans will get their first chance to see the team in action. The Crimson Tide will also have its first opportunity to establish its identity on the court.

The media picked Alabama to finish 13th in the SEC this season. Obasohan said he wants his team to believe in its own potential.

“I want to show the guys that I go to battle with every day, I want to show them that we have the chance of doing damage this year,” Obasohan said. “I want them to realize that as we go out on that court that everything is fair game for us.” 

**This story will be updated