By outreach@cw.ua.edu (CW Staff)

Former Alabama running back Altee Tenpenny died in Tuesday night in a car accident that took place in Mississippi.

Tenpenny carried the football for Alabama in a reserve role in the 2013 and the 2014 seasons. He rushed for a total of 218 yards on 48 career carries during his time at Alabama. His lone touchdown was scored in the 2013 season at Kentucky.

He decided to transfer after last season. Tenpenny initially transferred to UNLV before winding up at Nicholls State. Current and former players took to Twitter to remember their former teammate.

UPDATE (11:51 a.m.)

Nick Saban expressed his condolences in Wednesday’s SEC Coaches conference call.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Altee and his family,” Saban said. “This is obviously a tragedy. This is a guy that was in our program and was good friends with a lot of our players. We’re going to be as supportive as possible to all the people that are affected by this.”

One of the hardest things ever is waking up to a text that your friend gone, It still don’t feel real bro you will be missed R.I.P Altee

— Eddie Jackson (@EJackson_4) October 21, 2015

Altee had the biggest smile, you couldn’t miss it. I’ll never forget the talks we had, bro came to my room almost everyday smh life’s crazy.

— R.I.P Freddy G (@AmariCooper9) October 21, 2015

I hate that I lost contact with my brother. We really lost a good one. Fly high homie R.I.P. Altee Tenpenny

— Kenyan Drake™ (@KDx17) October 21, 2015

RIP Tenpenny…. So young…. I guess God needed you more than this world did…

Source:: The Crimson White Sports